Term at the yard:ARTspace has finished for the summer, now I have a little bit of time to experiment and make new work.
I have been having fun with fabric using the steel shapes from my enamelled pieces to pop rust patterns into fabric.
Gum arabic transfer images into the cynotypes I made with Lesley and
make a few more, experimenting with chemicals in
the shed while the sun is out.
I have got time to finish off a couple of
making them into cushions.
Rusted fabric, free machine embroidery, gum arabic transfer and hand embellished making them functional art, not just cushions.
I also have time to develop some drawings in several sketchbooks.
Shutting myself away with radio 4
experimenting with paint,
ink and bleach, trying hard to put into practice everything I preach.
Looking forward to next week to see what work develops from all this preparation.