Sunday 16 October 2016

ALL BOOKED UP!

I had a weekend off from teaching at the yard:ARTspace, but the Work Room was taken over by the 
talented artist, book maker Lesley Crawley.
Lesley had generously agreed to run a handmade book binding workshop and
in her dexterous, capable hands everyone learnt various stitch methods of binding.
Providing everyone with a notebook, so no excuses for not writing down instructions, Lesley
guided everyone gently through the 
art of decorative stitch binding.
Lots of new vocabulary was learnt along the way, awl, slips...sew. I kept popping in and out because the atmosphere was full of energy and banter, just how I like a workshop.
Everyone made something gorgeous to take home,
Lesley has promised to make a return trip from darkest Wales to run another workshop in 2017, in fact I have emailed her some dates...I can't wait to have her generous spirit and sense of humour back here!

No comments: