Monday 1 June 2015

THIS WEEK I HAVE MOSTLY BEEN DOING ENAMEL...!

I have been having a week of enamel.
My lovely chum Julie Jowett has sent me some 
copper mesh which I have just
had to experiment with. These enamelled labels are now winging their way to Julia for her to add her magic to them. Hopefully some stitching intervention.
Saturday found me at the Museum in the Park, Stroud,
running an enamel workshop. Thanks to Northern Kilns for lending me this darling little kiln.
Everyone
worked
really hard.
I was kept very busy popping things in and out of the kiln.
The group of 8 threw themselves into 
experimental enamel techniques and
produced lots of lovely test pieces.
Thanks to the funding from Arts Council England this workshop was heavily subsidised.
I have been keeping my enamel hand in so to speak making these small labels using transfers on steel and copper, I am very tempted to just hang them randomly on things. We will see.

No comments: