Thursday 4 December 2014

FAREWELL TO HAMPEN FACTORY

I started blogging 5 years ago, the first ever post was about holding a Cheltenham Open Studio event at Hampen Factory. http://suebrownprintmaker.blogspot.co.uk/2009/05/open-studio-event-at-hampen-factory.html
This was our second Open Studio exhibition. In fact I have been running courses and workshops at Hampen for nearly 10 years now.
But now it is time for me to pack things into my 2CV and move my studio and business to
the yard:ARTspace, Cheltenham.
There was a frenzy of printmaking activity
throughout the day.
Experiments went on in both the morning and afternoon groups,
with lots of colourful chine collee appearing on prints
The wall filled up with gorgeousness from everyone.
Both groups came together at lunch time and were join by Hampen alumni with a bring and share buffet; we ate, we chatted and memories were shared.
I have so much to thank Carolyn and Richard for, my business would not be what it is today without their imagination and support. Hampen has been a very special and creative space
for so many people.
It is not an end but a new beginning.

3 comments:

Wendy Rhodes said...

Congratulations on a successful and inspirational ten years - here's to the next ten which I am sure will see you go from strength to strength.

LAC EMP 2020 said...

I remember us talking about you starting a blog that day in Llantrisant and I also remember my first course at Hampen and all the wonderful times since. The end of an era but a great new adventure about to start. Roll on 2015 and the start of the next chapter at the The Yard Artspace. Bring it on I say!

Anna said...

What fabulous work on the wall. Have fun settling in to your new workspace!