Friday 24 October 2014

I LOVE WEDNESDAYS

I have been teaching printmaking classes at Hampen Factory for nearly 10 years now.
Set in the middle of the Cotswold countryside just outside Cheltenham, enthusiastic artists have enjoyed the tranquil location and learnt a wide range of collagraph and creative techniques.
I have run a 10 week collagraph course on a Wednesday since the opening of the studio and it is the oasis in my week.
The course has attracted really talented and committed printmakers.
Week after week they have put up with my lame jokes and taken on board some quite challenging techniques.
This term we are exploring tile cement and carborundom plate making
and experimenting with the inking process of blended rubs.
Everyone has made the most glorious prints.
I have just popped up a few examples,
 
but could quite easily
have shown one from everybody.
So apologies to those I have not put up.
It's half term now and I am beginning to take names for next terms 10 week printmaking course. But there is going to be a difference. After so many happy and creative years at Hampen I am moving my courses and workshops to a new venue in Cheltenham. Wednesday will remain my oasis day for teaching printmaking, it is just the space that will change.
So for new course and workshop dates check out my workshop page, http://suebrownprintmaker.blogspot.co.uk/p/workshops.html and keep an eye on my facebook page https://www.facebook.com/pages/Sue-Brown/1478939815714857 details.

No comments: