Monday 23 June 2014

HOTHOUSE 4

So where exactly did 6 months go? For those of you who regularly follow my blog you will be aware that I have been taking part in the Crafts Councils Hothouse 4 program. Designed to give emerging makers support and strategies, to progress creative businesses.
www.pinterest.com/CraftsCouncilUK/crafts-council-hothouse-4/ will take you to the Crafts Council Pinterest sight and my fellow makers on the program. We started in January after a vigorous selection process and wow what an intense 6 months it has been. The Crafts Council arranged for a photographer to take this creative portrait. Thanks Tas Kyprianou  taskyprianou.com for this great image. 
Thankyou to the New Ashgate Gallery www.newashgate.org.uk for the exhibition of Hothouse 4 participants and for using this image of the Ladies and Gentlemen for the publicity.
New Ashgate is showing a selection of my Lost Relative spoons and a gaggle of Ladies and Gentlemen until August.
A big thankyou to the partners of the scheme who hosted us in the Midland Cohort. Nottingham Trent University, The Harley Gallery and Rufford Abbey Country Park and Craft Centre.
And of course all the people who facilitated the program, particularly Madeleine Furness, Sarah Palmer and Pete Mosley, I know I am going to use their suggested strategies for many years to come.
The future now that I am equipped to move my practice forward? There is lots in the pipe line, but most exciting of all will be getting together with my Midlands Cohort in a years time to exhibit work together at New Brewery Arts, Cirencester. So watch this space!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...



Ohhhhhh!

YOU'RE the spoon lady??

Oh my goodness, I've loved your stuff forever.