Sunday 8 June 2014

A GRAND DAY OUT

I took myself off to Bovey Tracey today to wander around the Contemporary Craft Festival. Or should I say wonder around as it was packed with fantastic, unique objects.
Greeted by this motto I spent several hours talking to makers and immersing myself in the gorgeous things they produce. For a complete list of exhibitors, http://craftsatboveytracey.co.uk/makers/
But here are just a few of many that caught my attention, Little Burrow Designs.
Claire Read makes appealing objects from quirky finds.
Walsh Glass Designs, buy these singly or as a group.
Sylvie Nicholls makes these breath taking chandeliers.
Julia Jowett's exquisitely stitched and wire  
pieces really tempt the eye.
I am intrigued by these little treasures.
Julia Parry-Jones makes unique jewellery based on bower bird behaviour.
There really is something for everyone at this Festival, but sorry today was the last day, there will always be next year, or contact the artists directly for details of their next exhibitions.
 

No comments: