Friday 30 May 2014

A NEW TOY

Thursday 28th May will go down in our household as the day Sue got her spot-welder!
This useful piece of kit came from Westermans in Leicestershire and will allow me to neatly join my steel moths together.
The electrician came in this morning to put a stonking plug in the shed and off I went. Now like any new bit of kit it takes a bit of experimenting to get it right.
As you can see it took me a couple of goes before I got the power right.
I have stopped melting the metal, it was all very exciting.This neat little join is strong,
tidy and
enamels smoothly. One layer of grip coat,
a layer or ivory,
finishing off with a transfer.
I am now ready to embark on a new body of moth lights and new swarms.
 
 

4 comments:

LAC EMP 2020 said...

So it's come at last! What's next on your shopping list I wonder? Moths are looking good too. Borrow a trap and see some of the real thing - perfect time for the hawkmoths now and for the next few weeks.

Caroline said...

Now that is an impressive piece of equipment! Ah the joy of new toys and possibilities for fun, firmly joining stuff together.

Marianne Hall said...

You have definitely mastered the art of the transfer, I am in awe.

Wendy Rhodes said...

Congratulations on your new arrival, Its been a long time coming! I'm really pleased to read that you're going to make new swarms, will look forward to seeing them.