Saturday 19 October 2013

SKETCH BOOK EXPLORATIONS

With so much of my Christmas stock sorted, I now need to think what to make for next year.
So it is time to hit those sketch books with new lost relatives.
I am collecting an interesting set of imagery that I am eager to develop.
A few from my stash of photographs I found in America at Easter.
But the biggest influence that has spurred me on to draw has been seeing Matthew Harris's exhibition of textiles and drawing at The Museum in the Park, Stroud.
It has made me consider colour, or specifically red/orange.
I am quite excited to use not just a flash of colour, but
whole areas in my next enamel compositions.
 
 
 

2 comments:

Wendy Rhodes said...

Very impressive Sue, love the red! It works.

Sergio DS said...

Great work, love it, so I´m your 255th follower.
;)