Thursday 23 June 2011

COLLAGRAPH EXPERIMENTS

June has been a really busy month. The house is now back to its usual state after the Cheltenham Open Studios, it was a very successful event. I have also just come back from teaching a collagraph workshop for the Twenty Twenty Gallery in Much Wenlock, Shropshire. I had a lovely weekend with some very enthusiastic and talented printmakers. Fab food and lovely work, what more can one ask for?
Well, to finish a collagraph I have been working on for a while. So enthused was I by the tremendous prints made at Much Wenlock that I came home and got straight down to proofing this silk aquatint plate.



This rook looks like a youngster still demanding food, or have I been watching too much Spring Watch?


Pressing alium heads into tile cement produces these wonderful textures.






For those of you with long memories, you may remember that I blogged about the arrival of a Scarlet Tiger moth in my garden this time last year. It must have met a friend as in the Spring we had caterpillars on the comfrey.




We now have a whisper of Scarlet Tigers fluttering exotically around...next year how many will we have?

















2 comments:

Melanie Wickham said...

In an unscientific experiment last year we decided that Garden Tigers also have the fastest caterpillars of all...bet your Raven would like one of those dropped into his beak!

LAC EMP 2020 said...

Love the Scarlet Tigers and the collagraph.... lots of baby crows being fed by parents in the garden this week..... think we might see some more in a few weeks? L x