Tuesday 7 September 2010

TUESDAY - GETTING STARTED

Day 1 in the studio, I had lots of plans and good intentions, but I had forgotten how hard it is to work in the public eye.
I had examples of sketch books and collagraph prints to illustrate any explanations I had to give about my activities.
I also spent the whole day doing a number of prep drawings in my A3 sketch book...not feeling positive about these I have to say, it has been a while since I have worked like this and I feel very rusty. I feel a little under pressure as Nature in Art has today opened a prestigious exhibition of Gary Hodges work www.garyhodges.org.uk a very different style.
But when it all gets too gloomy in the studio I do have the opportunity to immerse myself in the quirky sculpture of Alan Jacks.
I met Alan several years ago, he use to visit me when I was here, we would talk art and inspiration.
Sadly he died in 2006
I miss his visits and encouragement. Tomorrow is another day, I will lick these sheep into shape and make a collagraph plate that always bucks me up.





No comments: